[arch-ports] [PPC] error in kchmviewer

Armin Luntzer armin at archlinuxppc.org
Thu Jul 12 04:54:42 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 11.07.2007, 21:46 +0200 schrieb sacarde:
> p.s.
> which technique do you use to build package in ppc ?

To avoid clashing into dependency problems we do not use the fakeroot
procedure, but build packages inside a chroot with a clean install of
Archlinux-PPC. You can find scripts to create such an environment here:
http://kth5.telekommunisten.net/makeroot/

Since using this kind of setup actually forces you to have a local
mirror of the repos it's probably not worth the effort if you don't
build packages on a regular basis. When I build packages for my personal
use I normally just do it inside fakeroot and/or use aurbuild as a
frontend.

greetings,
 - Armin