[arch-ports] New in ArchPPC and some problem

gianluca mazza homen3 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 05:23:49 EDT 2007

Hi all, I'm new here.
I installed Arch in my macmini (G4) using your wiki (great guide),
but I'm having some problem to proceed in arch.
I'm trying to install X, so I installed: Xorg (and dependencies),
xf86-video-ati, xf86-input-keyboard, xf86-input-mouse. I configured X
with xorgconfig (I think correctly) but when I try "startx" I've
black screen, and monitor does like there is no signal (appears a
popup who search for digital or analogic signal). I modified monitor
vertical sync like in monitor manual but nothing, X doesn't start.
It's not possible to use hwd on ppc to configure it?

I think that this is a great project (and arch is a great distro),
thanks for your work.