[arch-ports] [PPC] New ISO available for testing

Matthew William Cox matt at mattcox.ca
Sun Jun 24 06:46:18 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 09:49:10PM +0200, Armin Luntzer wrote:
> another iso hits the server:
> ftp://ftp.archlinuxppc.org/iso/snapshots/2007-06-23-v2_archppc-ftp.iso.bz2
>
> I added usbinput to the default hooks-array in mkinitcpio.conf. This
> should avoid panics during init on certain types of machines (e.g. iBook
> G4)
>
> Keep testing! :)
>
> - Armin

Tried an install on my Powerbook G4 (PowerBook5,4). The setup script
worked right up until it was time to start the bootloader. The script
choked on the attempt to install the bootloader. Judging by the VC5
output, the problem was that mkofboot was asking for y/N confirmation on
formatting the bootstrap partition, and the script wasn't delivering.

Quickinst worked like a charm, as always.

	QuickInst FTP... worked for me.

Matt