[arch-ports] [ppc] Core move & respective installer fixes

Armin Luntzer armin at archlinuxppc.org
Thu Sep 27 10:04:00 EDT 2007

I'm currently in the process of adding all packages in core/base to the
'base' group. The new cvs-{core, extra} dirs are in my homedir on maia,
as are the new/fixed /arch/db* & webdb scripts.
Pending tasks (I don't have the right permissions to do this):
*) create /home/ftp/core/os/ppc and /home/ftp/core/os/ppc/setup
*) move the db* scripts to /arch
*) replace /home/cvs-extra with the version in my homedir
*) move cvs-core from my homedir to /home
*) create new cvs-core group and chown cvs-{extra,core} recursively
*) update rsyncd & cvsd configs
*) run /arch/db-{core,extra} as armin (my staging dirs are bursting,
heh)

The webdb scripts should be updated once I'm through with rebuilding and
the iso. I mentioned this in a previous mail already: I'm against
symlinking current/ to core/ for backwards compatibility like official
Arch did apparently. Instead I propose to put pacman, libarchive and
libdownload packages into ftp/current/ (without the ppc tags) and let
them stay there for some months.

 -Armin