[arch-ports] error in vlc 0.8.6c-1

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon Feb 4 05:24:05 EST 2008

That version shouldn't have this bug. The BadAlloc message is also what you
get when you have XV available, but not enough video memory to perform the
XV operation you're trying to do. I've seen this often on a Matrox G450 with
16MB memory using 1280x1024x32 with DRI enabled, which eats all available
memory for framebuffer and DRI, leaving nothing for XV.