[arch-ports] Bob Update

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Tue May 6 16:13:27 EDT 2008

Armin Luntzer wrote:
> Sounds great, it would be valuable for building big stuff that takes
> long to build and needs a lot of memory for linking like
> gcc/openoffice :)
>
> Alex?

Things like GCC and usual dillema are already pretty much figured out. I
just do it in a tripple cluster of my Ps3, the mini sitting on my desk
sponsored by Armin and my - bah, hate it - x86 laptop. What really would
be nice to have is a ppc with this amount of ram. Also being on a
100mbit upstream is sure not bad.

@Kristian:
If you're serious about this, please don't hesitate to drop me a line
and we'll help setting it up. We don't have a build bot so far but I'm
currently not far away of automating a CI which although would pretty
much break everybody's workflow. ;)

Would be nice to give it a shot for OpenOffice and Icedtea especially.
Other than that automated rebuilds could be well done on that machine. :)

Cheers,

Alex