[arch-ports] ppc/i686 repo comparison CGI script

Anders Bergh anders1 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:58:28 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Alexander Baldeck <kth5 at archlinuxppc.org> wrote:
>  That's pretty cool and helps a lot. Is it dynamically generated by
>  analyzing the db.tar.gz on the mentioned ftp archives? If so, it's
>  pretty nifty and fast. :)

It downloads the core and extra db.tar.gz's from archlinuxppc.org and
ftp.gigabit.nu for i686 and ppc. I think the original script I linked
to here actually read all of those files on every page hit, but I've
updated it on my laptop so it reads from a ~1.4 MB Lua array instead
(which it does very quickly, amazingly enough).

I'm trying to think of ways to improve this to become a bit more
useful, like adding dynamic filters ("exclude missing packages from
extra") and such. If anyone here would like some kind of feature
related to scanning the DB's, I'm all ears :)