[arch-ports] Announcing another attempt at Arch Linux i586

Jens jens at chaox.net
Wed Oct 7 10:49:56 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 11:07:09 Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 20:45, Jens <jens at chaox.net> wrote:
> > Hello list,
> > we are currently working on (yet another) a i586 port of Arch Linux, we
> > built all of [core], most of [extra] (currently 8 packages are missing)
> > and [community] is built by demand. So if you are interested in seeing
> > Arch Linux on your i586 boxes, please checkout the website:
> > http://archlinux-i586.org and join us on
> > irc://irc.freenode.net/#archlinux-i586
> >
> > On behalf of the arch-i586 porters,
>
> Who is in the team? Did you collaborate with maintainers of other i586
>  ports?

Me, killajoe and ecraven. Xavery also contributed a lot, but he doesn't have a
machine to help out anymore. I chatted with some of the other i586 porters,
but none of them was interested in continuing their ports, however I did get
some helpful pointers.
I've been told that there is another new i586 port, but nobody could point me
to a repo...

Jens