[arch-ports] Call for maintainers

Erich Eckner arch at eckner.net
Thu Aug 10 12:58:03 UTC 2017

Hi i686-fans,

we threw together some scripts, and now beleive to have a more or less
working build-system running (suggestion: prove us wrong!). [1]

As you can see on [1a], there are currently some broken packages (some
with upstream bugs, some without).
The current bottleneck are all those packages without a reason for being
"blocked".

As you might have guessed from the subject line, we are currently
looking for maintainers - or more precisely: for people, willing to
track down problems in single packages (the ones mentioned above).

How you can help:

1) Have a look at the build logs (linked on [1a] in the "compilations"
column - older logs reside in [1b]).

2) Figure out, what's wrong.
If it's necessary to build by yourself, use devtools32 [2a,2b] on a 64
bit machine. If you know, what you do, you can also use the original
devtools on a 32 bit machine or vm (but make sure, you use our package
repositories for building)

3) let fix or fix yourself by (in order of preference):
3a) fixing package upstream (e.g. in x86_64-archlinux or the upstream
source)
3b) creating a package modification in [3]: create a pull request or (if
you have write access), push the modification yourself
3c) notifying us (preferably on irc [4] or per mail) about what seems to
be the problem
3d) if there is no hope: blacklisting the package in [5]

Although 3a) is the prefered way of fixing, _do_not_ open bugs on [6]
for packages which are broken on i686 and not x86_64 - at least not
after November 2017. Also, if you open a bugreport on [6], report the
x86_64 bug - otherwise it might get closed, because i686 won't be
supported upstream at some point.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Cheers,
deep42thought

[1] https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org
[1a] https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/broken-packages.html
[1b] https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/build-logs/

[2a] https://github.com/archlinux32/devtools32
[2b] devtools32 from https://arch.eckner.net/archlinuxewe/os/x86_64/

[3] https://github.com/archlinux32/packages/$repo/$package/
[4] #archlinux-ports on irc.freenode.net
[5] https://github.com/archlinux32/packages/blacklist
[6] https://bugs.archlinux.org