[arch-ports] Booting i686 iso in VirtualBox

Erich Eckner arch at eckner.net
Mon Jun 12 04:48:33 UTC 2017

Hi Tyler,

On 11.06.2017 23:49, Tyzoid D wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Erich Eckner <arch at eckner.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tyzoid,
>>
>> thanks for testing. Can you confirm that the may iso still booted for you?
>
> Yup, this worked.

Okay, now I have something to start at. I'll try to change the build
process on the current machine as close to the one on the old one. This
should be done within the next few days.

> On to the next issue. I can't seem to get the pacman package to verify,
> even after instructing it to download your key. Can you verify that the
> package is not corrupt, as pacman claims?
> http://i.imgur.com/Th0Amsg.png

You're already using the new mirror, aren't you? In that case, you need
to install archlinux32-keyring first on the installation medium (!).

The problem was, that I had to include archlinux32-keyring as a pacman
dependency, so it would get installed next to archlinux-keyring. But for
this, I have to recompile pacman and sign it with my build key. On the
other hand, the iso still uses the official packages - and especially
the official pacman package without archlinux32-keyring.

>> Then it must be some "hidden" error on my end:
>> The only thing that changed from may to june was the machine I build the
>> iso on :-/ (and of course, the packages are newer - but still the
>> official ones).
>>
>> I also uploaded a new iso just to double-check (if 2017.06.01 doesn't
>> boot for you, 2017.06.11 should not boot, too).
>
> Thanks, 2017.06.11 had booted, but had the same kernel panic as before.
>
> Thanks,
> Tyler

cheers,
Erich