[arch-ports] Bottom posting (was: Re: Upgrade path to new build)

David Phillips david at sighup.nz
Thu Mar 30 21:29:10 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 09:28:49PM +0200, Alexi Funkner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What about inline? And why is bottom-posting better than top-posting?

Inline is fine, assuming you mean splitting each message up and inserting a
reply at the appropriate point. Bottom posting is often regarded to be
better than top posting. catb's page on top posting[1] sums it up nicely:

> >A: No.
> >Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?

Sometimes, inline is even better than bottom-posting, especially when you
are replying to a large email with a number of points you want to address.

> Kind regards
> Alexi

Thanks,
David