[arch-ports] [devtools] Rebasing devtools32 to contribute upstream

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Mon Jan 15 17:24:44 UTC 2018

Hi all,

As the maintainer of Parabola's devtools, I know that with a merging
workflow, it can be a huge pain to rebase out changes to have patchset
that you can contribute upstream.

If any of the Arch Linux 32 team ever decide that you want to
contribute changes from devtools32 into upstream devtools, I expect
that you will find the "lukeshu/rebase/archlinux32" branch of
https://git.parabola.nu/packages/devtools-par.git/ to be useful.  It
is simply devtools32's "master" branch, rebased so that it looks like
it used a rebasing workflow instead of a merging workflow.

I'll generally keep it up-to-date as I keep an eye out for anything
that I might want to backport into Parabola.  (And indeed, there's
already one such change
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2018-January/004704.html )

--
Happy hacking,