[arch-proaudio] What AUR build environment are you using?

Sean Greenslade sean at seangreenslade.com
Sun Apr 29 17:48:25 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 03:34:18PM +0200, SpotlightKid wrote:
> Am 27.04.2018 um 23:22 schrieb David Runge:
> > Yes, it can be used, but the dependencies need to be in a known
> > repository and not be built from source.
>
> So you can only build AUR packages, which do not depend on other AUR
> packages, with devtools? Is there a way around that?

As David said, if you have your deps built and in a repository that your
local pacman instance points to, it will work. Alternatively, if you
want a quicker / hackier way, you can do it like this:

extra-x86_64-build -- -I ~/aur/cache/foo.pkg.tar.xz -I ~/aur/cache/bar.pkg.tar.xz

This will install the foo and bar packages into the buildroot before
building. You just need to build your deps in order, starting with the
ones that don't need any other AUR packages.

--Sean