[arch-proaudio] KPTI

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 7 11:48:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

please take a look at the https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/linux-rt/
comments.

rvalles commented on 2018-01-07 08:08

"We need a meltdown update. (i.e. based on 4.14.12)"

I'll reply here and then post a link as comment.

Who is we? I don't need it, at least not for a rt patched kernel.

To all whom it may concern, who don't want to risk performance issues
caused by a patch set, that is completely irrelevant for a DAW, for
audio sessions boot with   nopti   to disable KPTI, once this patch set
is applied.

Consider to install the package   arch-audit   from community, to
receive an impression, why an attacker unlikely would (mis)use one of
the three media-hyped vulnerabilities, but instead other high risk
vulnerabilities, that are easier to (mis)use.

Regards,
Ralf

--
$ pacman -Q linux{,-rt{,-cornflower,-pussytoes}}|awk '{print $2}'
4.14.11-1