[arch-proaudio] New [community] additions for 2018

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Fri Jan 19 11:46:10 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-18 19:18:29 (+0100), Oliver Friedrich wrote:
> Thanks for the overview, I upvoted some of your suggestions.
Thanks!

> Two packages I would like to see in community:
>
> TuxGuitar
> * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/tuxguitar/
> * needs more votes
>
> DrumGizmo
> * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/drumgizmo/
How could I forget about those two! ;-)
I put them on my list!

And damn, tuxguitar must have slipped right by me during the yearly
repository cleanup!

> Another I would like to see in community, but maybe hard to do:
> Linux-rt
> * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-rt/
linux-rt is sadly a whole different topic altogether.

For this to happen we need more (pro-audio) package maintainers, as
maintaining a kernel is (sometimes) not a piece of cake and requires
quite some time and testing (thanks again to Joakim Hernberg for taking
such good care of it over the years!).
And even then, it's not yet very probable, that the other TUs and
developers will actually like the idea (too many kernels already).
Interested? :)

> Thanks, in case of questions, here I am
>
> Best, Oli
hi oli!