[arch-proaudio] New [community] additions for 2018

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Jan 27 18:44:40 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-27 19:25:29 (+0100), Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> My bad :D
>
> indeed, assuming a package should depend on additional packages from
> any testing repository, it doesn't work ;), but then we are on the
> "partial" upgrade issue, so it anyway would be required to enable _all_
> testing repositories, not just the community testing repository.
>
> IOW the OP needs to upgarde everything using all testing
> repositories ;). Actually this usually isn't required ;).

I never wrote anything about upgrading the whole system (I rather warned
about the possibility, when doing a `pacman -Syu`).
That's also not really a "partial upgrade", as those packages are
currently not even in [community].
Currently I didn't build against anything in [testing], that would break
things in [community-testing] afaik [1]. Therefore, no, activating
[testing] should not be required.

Also: Please stop posting gazillion lines of output from your console.
It's just not relevant to any of these topics or helpful in any way.

Best,
David

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&repo=Testing&q=&maintainer=&flagged=

--