[arch-proaudio] New [community] additions for 2018

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 28 15:35:41 UTC 2018

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 12:30:24 +0100, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>On Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:28:27 +0100
>Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>> Now that rtirq moved from AUR to community, it's to consider to what
>> kernel rtirq should fit. OTOH I used and still use the current
>> release of rtirq with several kernel releases. At the moment there
>> shouldn't be an issue with all common used kernel releases.
>
>What possible issue could there be with rtirq except for the kernel not
>having threaded irqs?

There were reasons for Rui to update rtirq several times. Once there
e.g. was the change from the name ICE1712 to the nowadays snd_ice1. I
don'r remembr if the user just had to edit the config or if Rui needs
to rewrite rtirq, however, this was an issue when rtirq worked for one,
but not for another kernel.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ rtirq status | grep ice
  303 FF      80   - 120  0.0 S    irq/16-snd_ice1

However, even the recent version of rtirq is not completely immune
against pitfalls, see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1482347 ;), resp.
https://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2015-August/102254.html ;).