[arch-proaudio] 'proaudio-settings' package

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 09:01:32 UTC 2018

>From my recent experience benchmarking the DAW I'm working on under Arch
(ossia-score-git, please check it out ! :D), disabling the intel sleep
states and basically every idling stuff (cpupower idle-set -D 0) had a
muuuuch greater impact on jitter than anything else I could do.

> How could 44,1KHz be a recommended
sample frequency for a pro-audio environment, while most pro-sumer and
professional audio devices work best at 48KHz?

Do you have a source for this ? if anything, unless you work primarily in
motion picture sound & music, most sample libraries are recorded at 44100
so you will get resampling fairly often if you're not on 44100.

Best
Jean-Michaël

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier