[arch-proaudio] MIDI guitar Was: New package for dexed with standalone JACK client

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Mar 25 13:40:45 UTC 2018

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 15:12:51 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>since my master keyboard is the first generation DX7

Btw. I'm going to replace my MIDI master keyboard by a guitar. I don't
know how good or bad something like a Godin xtSA Synth Access Trans
Black guitar is compared to a normal guitar with this Roland GK-3
pickup.

After watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VS0dc4aGJ0 my way to go
is definitively a Roland GR-55, but since I'm a hardrock musician, I
can't get friend with this Borg thingy, since the cable from the hex
Roland GK-3 pickup to the bizarre thingy is in the way, when playing
guitar.

I try to find another solution, perhaps a Godin xtSA Synth Access Trans
Black, if the type of guitar neck as well as the action should be ok.

has got anybody on this list experiences with MIDIfied guitars?

--
$ pacman -Q linux{,-rt-cornflower,-rt{,-securityink,-pussytoes}} \
  | cut -d\  -f2
4.15.12-1
4.14.28_rt23-1
4.14.24_rt19-1