[arch-proaudio] Solfege Completely Unusable

Grady Martin sunnycemetery at gmail.com
Thu May 17 09:28:49 UTC 2018

Does anyone have the solfege ear-training package up and running (and actually producing sound)?  I've noticed a few issues that I'd like to confirm before filing a bug report.  Missing optional dependencies are the easy ones <https://nosuckdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/solfege-csound-mma-lilypond.png>:

· csound https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/csound/
· mma https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mma/
· lilypond https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/lilypond/

Then, there's the bigger issue of pyalsa <https://nosuckdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/solfege-pyalsa.png>, which is required for ALSA playback (and apparently completely different from the AUR's python2-pyalsaaudio and python-pyalsaaudio packages).  The solfege package includes a Python script, however, for downloading and setting up pyalsa.  Perhaps this script should be mentioned by pacman, when solfege is installed?

> ■ python2 /usr/share/solfege/solfege/download_pyalsa.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/solfege/solfege/download_pyalsa.py", line 25, in <module>
>     import solfege
> ImportError: No module named solfege

... That is, once the script stops failing miserably.  I will be reporting this issue upstream, if nobody tells me I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks!