[arch-proaudio] Is It Me or Ardour?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Nov 10 21:00:50 UTC 2018

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 12:04:03 -0800, Jimi Bove wrote:
>Ah, if it's specifically a real-work thing with GIMP, you'd know more
>than me. I used GIMP a lot but mostly at amateurish levels of image
>manipulation.

The last time I used it, two days ago, it way too often crashed while
just doing an "amateurish levels of image manipulation", to make an
image to lightscribe an Ubuntu 18.10 live DVD. Involved were opening
a PNG, using a few layers, one text layer, pencil, brush, eraser,
selection, cut, copy, paste, pipette, fill, scaling, toggle quick mask,
no color menu thingy, no filter menu thingy, just using a mouse, no
whatsoever tablet that might cause lots of data. However, it requires
to work with it, just opening gimp, adding a few layers, one text
layer, randomly using pencil, brush, eraser, selection, cut, copy,
paste, pipette, fill, scaling, toggle quick mask one or two times, not
necessarily does cause a crash.

Since gimp isn't a native audio app, even while useful for album cover
art, we shouldn't dig deeper.