[arch-proaudio] New additions since some time this year

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:02:15 UTC 2018

Hi David,

again many thanks for undertaking this effort which benefits all Arch users!

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 12:47 PM David Runge <dave at sleepmap.de> wrote:

> @Albert: pd-lua is still on the list, let's get in touch!

We've since integrated this into purr-data, but in any case it would be
nice to have it with vanilla Pd as well. (The version available in Pd's
package manager Deken is rather old and doesn't work with Lua 5.3.) My
PKGBUILD is in the AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pd-lua/

Also, I recently noticed that Gem (Pd's graphics environment,
https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem) seems to have disappeared. We should
really dig out the old PKGBUILD and make it available again. Gem is rather
important, one of Pd's flagship extensions, and it's used by many media
artists doing graphics and video stuff with Pd. It's a big package, has
lots of dependencies and takes a while to build, so it would be nice to
have it in the official repositories. I can help with that if needed.

Best,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af