[arch-proaudio] package gcr breaks real-time settings

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Sep 2 10:04:03 UTC 2018

When I started Ardour yesterday, it was complaining about a memlock
issue. I fixed it for my install, I only want to inform about this
issue. '@users - memlock 1024' overrides 'memlock unlimited' of the
audio or realtime group.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /etc/security/limits.d/10-gcr.conf
@users - memlock 1024

# vim:set ft=limits:
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qo /etc/security/limits.d/10-gcr.conf
/etc/security/limits.d/10-gcr.conf is owned by gcr 3.28.0-4
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi gcr
Name            : gcr
Version         : 3.28.0-4
Description     : A library for bits of crypto UI and parsing
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gcr
Licenses        : GPL2
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : dconf  gtk3  libgcrypt  p11-kit
Optional Deps   : None
Required By     : gnome-keyring  gnome-online-accounts  libcryptui  libgdata  nm-connection-editor  seahorse
Optional For    : pinentry
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Installed Size  : 5.47 MiB
Packager        : Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <jan.steffens at gmail.com>
Build Date      : Tue 21 Aug 2018 03:18:25 PM CEST
Install Date    : Tue 21 Aug 2018 09:26:46 PM CEST
Install Reason  : Installed as a dependency for another package
Install Script  : No
Validated By    : Signature