[arch-proaudio] package gcr breaks real-time settings

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sun Sep 2 11:15:15 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-02 12:52:31 (+0200), Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> [...]
What makes you think that the former actually overrides the latter?
I also have gcr installed (with that limits.conf) and don't see a
problem with Ardour (at least not in its logs).

Where exactly is that problem reported?
Which are your user's groups?
Which is your user's default group?
Do you have any other files in /etc/security/limits.d?
What was your claimed fix?
Questions left unanswered ;-)

While all files below /etc/security/limits.d are read in C locale
ordering, this would mean, that 10-gcr.conf is read first and
99-realtime-privileges.conf pretty much last.
However, neither `man 5 limits.conf` nor `man 8 pam_limits` states the
behavior of a user being in two different groups with diverging
settings. I hope that's not undefined... ;-)

--
https://sleepmap.de