[arch-proaudio] Deprecation of jack2-dbus

Sam Mulvey archlinux at sammulvey.com
Tue Apr 23 01:53:10 UTC 2019

On 4/10/19 2:06 PM, David Runge wrote:
> In the upcoming jack2 1.9.13 there will a templated systemd user unit,
> which is able to start jackd (in a more or less static way) based on
> profiles, defining the parameters. This enables the user to achieve
> something similar to the dbus-start-with-the-graphical-session way, by
> enabling starting jackd with the user session (even before login of the
> graphical session). This is quite a benefit to systemd managed (minimal
> and especially headless) systems, but is of course more generally
> applicable.

I'll be paying close attention to this, as I've been managing a bunch of
service files and helper scripts to manage headless jack systems.   I've
been focusing it on running out of the top level systemd instance, only
enabling linger if I need VNC or something like that to save cycles on
some of my wimpier machines.

-Sam