[arch-proaudio] JACK 1: extreme CPU usage (since update from 5.0 kernel)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Aug 6 11:51:42 UTC 2019

Hello David,
I have now installed and booted a realtime kernel, thanks for your repo,
and installed and enabled irqbalance. There's one question however, to
which I can't find a satisfactory answer.
Aug 6 2019, David Runge has written:
> Note: If your audio hardware IRQs have a lower RTPRIO, than jackd (e.g.
> your audio card runs at 50, but you start jackd at 80), this *will* lead
> to problems! Ordering is important when tuning IRQs!
How do I check my soundcards realtime priority. iotop gives a kind of
RTprio as something like be/4, the manual is unclear on that
classification. Well, they don't explain it. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Make all the clouds disappear