[arch-proaudio] RT-thread issues after update

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jan 25 11:29:34 UTC 2019

Oops, I accidentally replied off-list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf
To: Jeanette C.
Subject: Re: [arch-proaudio] RT-thread issues after update
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 12:25:10 +0100

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/realtime-privileges/
> Thanks Ralf, it wasn't. now fixed and working fine again. Is that
rather
> new?

Yesno. We had a discussion in September 2018, but David announced it
earlier in 2018. You seem not to have updated jack from the repositories
for a while. IIRC jack already dropped the settings for the "audio"
group to limits.d and it was removed from the package around September
2018, so installing the "realtime-privileges" package was one solution.