[arch-proaudio] Added packages since June 2019

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Aug 8 12:04:26 UTC 2020

Hey all,

here are some changes to the [community] repository (and the
pro-audio group in particular) since June last year (holy cow, time
flies!).

Added packages:
* fluajho
* patroneo
* gxplugins.lv2
* adlplug
* bslizr
* ebumeter
* pd-gem
* haskell-tidalcycles
* wolf-spectrum
* zita-dc1
* foxdot
* geonkick
* qmidinet
* deteriorate-lv2A
* mephisto.lv2
* vico
* surge
* xmonk.lv2
* adljack
* bsequencer
* bshapr
* jack-stdio
* jack_delay
* jackmeter
* jackminimix
* ninjas2
* element
* iempluginsuite
* midimsg-lv2
* surge
* xmonk.lv2
* liquidsfz
* sfizz
* ambix
* bchoppr
* helm-synth (replaces helm due to naming conflict with the kubernetes tool)
* jack_utils
* ir.lv2
* jack_mixer
* new-session-manager
* agordejo
* muse
* distrho-ports

These are the more or less top-level additions (some of them dragged in
interesting makedepends or checkdepends such as redkite, abletonlink or
lv2lint). There have also been a few removals, such as raul (more or
less defunct and unused) and non-session-manager (replaced by
new-session-manager).

The vst3-plugins package group has been added for packages that provide
vst3-plugins (I still need to bring the SDK to the repos for hosts to
make use of it...).

You can inspect the various audio related groups with pacman:

  pacman -Sg pro-audio
  pacman -Sg lv2-plugins
  pacman -Sg vst-plugins
  pacman -Sg vst3-plugins

Unrelated: Many of the lv2 plugin packages are now being linted using
lv2lint (and problems being reported upstream) which hopefully improves
the overall quality of the plugins over time.

If you have further suggestions for package additions, please let me
know!

Since my last mail in regards to package updates I have not done too
many changes on audio related wiki pages (due to time spent on more
infrastructure related topics in regards to Arch Linux). I would like to
encourage you to be active members of the Arch Wiki as I think that
especially the pro-audio related articles leave much to be desired.

Also, if you would like to package (pro-audio) packages for Arch Linux
do get in touch (e.g. for a Trusted User sponsorship)! I realize that at
around 500 packages it gets a little tedious... :>

Best,
David

--
https://sleepmap.de