[arch-projects] Multi-cd ideas for pacman

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Sat Oct 2 12:14:12 EDT 2004

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=7138&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The problem goes something like this:
Pacman assumes that all files are available in a given repo.  This means
that if you split up dependencies across multiple cds, pacman will assume
they're all available in one directory.

My thought is to write a small (or smallish) program that pacman will use
as an XferCommand that will let you get around the multiple cd problem.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.

My old gpg key expired, the new one is available from keyservers.  I was
stupid enough not to realize this before it was too late, so I am not
able to sign my new key with my old key.  If this assurance isn't enough,
please contact me.