[arch-projects] ELF questions

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 16 19:30:43 EST 2005

> Hmmm I think I may have been asking the question in the wrong way, but
> that is what I was looking for.
> No matter how many objects are loaded into the process space of a
> given binary, there is only one instance of strlen ever.

Again I wonder why you care.  It's not your job, as an application
programmer, to care.  If you were doing work on ld or writing something for
a real-time system, operating system, or embedded system then you can care.
Otherwise you'll find yourself buried in details.

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.