[arch-projects] projects

Rasatmakananda rasat at pacific.net.sg
Wed Mar 30 23:02:36 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 14:57 -0600, Dusty Phillips wrote:
> What's everybody working on these days? ;-)

Hi,

I got inspired by topic" "Pacman with db support?", and started to
modify Tigger's pacmenu to use a database instead of comparing+parsing
flat files. Yesterday, my first test run made me thinking "how pacman
can live without DB". (smile)

Whatever pacmenu become, the interesting side for me is the learning of
database in Linux. I am familiar with FileMaker Pro in Windows,
currently developing one DB for our clinic in Nairobi, but was not aware
of Linux DBs except mysql.

Made new home page for user-contributions.org, transferred static page
to Mambo.
http://user-contributions.org/home/

Hwd got new speed and few more options. Forum users are currently
helping to improve and also update the pci, usb, and pcmcia tables.
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=11241

AL-AMLUG Live CD will be replaced by Archie (most likely the fastest
live CD). z4ziggy has done a great work.
http://user-contributions.org/archie.html

Markku
(rasat)