[arch-projects] AUR release plan

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:58:14 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Loui <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a few goals. Right now I'm working on account creation/editing.
>
> There are a few issues:
> - a user can willy-nilly change his or her username. (should this be allowed?)
> - usernames can be ridiculous "hsmnbn3#  sd789^#&#          " for example
> - password can be blank
> - in fact username can also be blank but that username has already
> been assigned in the official AUR.
>
> Those are the issues I'm going to address with compatibility for old
> (bad) usernames, etc.
>
> I think I'd put a check to prompt a user with a bad username to change
> it when the go in to edit their account. (And maybe even on login)

I've done this part. If a user with a bad username tries to edit his/her account
they'll be told that their username is invalid and to change it.

I decided to continue to allow users to change their username whenever they
please for now.

Please fetch and let me know what you think. Cheers.

http://louipc.dontexist.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=aur/.git;a=commit;h=b73d6009c977a974c3780408bc3ada69c2d1bce8