[arch-projects] [AUR] More AUR Progress

tardo tardo at nagi-fanboi.net
Sun Oct 21 18:49:43 EDT 2007

In between the wee hours of the night, a few us has been patching the
current AUR feverishly.. ok enough with the introductions, you know how
we do this =]

For those interested, a very unhelpful log of changes:
http://git.nagi-fanboi.net/?p=aur.git;a=shortlog;h=testing

The major and minor changes:
- [Almost] complete separation of code and markup
- XHTML validation on all [almost] pages
- CSS validation on all pages
- Completely re-written packages.php, pkgfuncs.inc, new pkgdetails.php
- packages.php now ONLY serves as a search page
- pkgdetails.php is ONLY used for pkgdetails.
-- pkgdetails accepts two paramters, ID for the db pkg id, and name, an
explicit way to search for a specific package
-- e.g. aur/pkgdetails.php?ID=2501, or aur/pkgdetails.php?name=amarok-svn
- pkgfuncs.inc has been heavily modified to include common functions
from both
- Universal login and search boxes
- Annoying timeout problem [partially] fixed... now it just drops you to
the home page without being logged in
- Lots and lots of tiny bug fixes and cosmetic changes
- My old (or new) pkgbuild parsing script still lives

Here's a test site for the few, the chosen, the brave:
http://aur.nagi-fanboi.net/

I'd write more, but I'll let you guys give the feedback.

- tardo