[arch-projects] Modified projects.archlinux.org git repo

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Tue Oct 30 05:40:18 EDT 2007

Simo Leone wrote:
> I deleted the "origin" branch, as this doesn't belong in a repo such as
> this one (and it was a subset of master anyway, no loss).
>
> Just a heads up.
>
> Also, I'm wondering about what the different branches in there are
> intended for. There are master, testing, and stable.
> Most git projects are set up where master is what would be considered
> 'stable', that's why I'm wondering.

I'm assuming you're talking about the AUR git repo. There's a lot of GIT
repos on archlinux.org!

Full scheme was announced:

http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2007-September/000536.html

Given that a tag always exists in the history for releases, stable
probably isn't really needed. I'll consider phasing it out with the next
major AUR release.

- P