[arch-projects] Modified projects.archlinux.org git repo

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:43:06 EDT 2007

On 10/30/07, Simo Leone <simo at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Ok, you don't seem to get it.
No I don't see the point.

> If someone doesn't want their full name on their commit, that's tough. From
> here on out, no more patches without full names on them. If you disagree
> with this, my delete key is far from worn out...
Thinking objectively I do disagree with this. I don't mind publishing
my own name but other contributors might. What is your reasoning
behind this requirement?

> As for the history, there isn't a single other project on
> projects.archlinux.org that does not use full names. We've gone through
> the effort of rebuilding history using full names for every other
> project we've put up. There is no reason the AUR should be an exception.
It's not worth breaking existing clones to 'paint the bikeshed' as
they say with full names. It's just busy work. Attention is better
spent actually developing the AUR code rather than worrying about not
being able to see a contributor's full name. The AUTHORS file is a
great way to link those usernames with full names and emails if those
contributors wish to disclose that information.

Cheers!