[arch-projects] Modified projects.archlinux.org git repo

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 31 00:48:43 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 01:52:02AM -0500, Simo Leone wrote:
> Ok, you don't seem to get it.
>
> If someone doesn't want their full name on their commit, that's tough. From
> here on out, no more patches without full names on them. If you disagree
> with this, my delete key is far from worn out...
>
> As for the history, there isn't a single other project on
> projects.archlinux.org that does not use full names. We've gone through
> the effort of rebuilding history using full names for every other
> project we've put up. There is no reason the AUR should be an exception.

Ok, perhaps I need to put my foot in my mouth and explain where I'm
coming from with this. There are a number of reasons I'd like to see
full names on patches instead of just nicknames. These include:
- Simply looking more professional.
- Not offending anyone. ie: who wants patches from say, "PenisFace1000"
- This is what other Arch-related projects are doing (see pacman for a
  good example)

Now, that said. Alright I'm sure there are people out there who don't
want their names flying around the net. That's cool and all, but I'd
really heavily prefer to use real names. If it's really really an issue
for you, fine, submit patches under whatever non-offensive alias.

-S