[arch-projects] json-rpc for aur (experimental)

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Sun Sep 30 13:01:51 EDT 2007

eliott wrote:
> oh. Forgot to mention.
> For mysql fulltext searching, I had to add a fulltext index.
>
> <code>
>   ALTER TABLE Packages ADD FULLTEXT (Name,Description);
>   REPAIR TABLE Packages QUICK;
> </code>

Be sure to update the support/schema/aur-schema.sql file. It's generally
best to include those changes in the commit that requires them, so that
when I go to deploy, I can diff the changes to the schema and make sure
any necessary changes have been made before deploying.

This sounds like a great idea! We'd been talking about some sort of RPC
layer for AUR2 but never got anywhere with it.

- P