[arch-projects] [initscripts] Linux distributions and /run/

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Apr 5 02:47:06 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> This was discussed in a bug report iirc, here is some summary:
> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Linux-distributions-to-include-run-directory-1219006.html
>
> Apparently, many tools (among them udev) will soon require a /run/
> directory that is mounted early (as tmpfs). It is probably a good idea
> to add this to the filesystem and initscripts packages.

I have prepared patches
(https://github.com/teg/initscripts-arch/commits/bootlogd) that mounts
/run if it is not already mounted in initscripts.

I'll push them out if /run is added to filesystem (my requires /run to
exist, but an existing /run without write permissions will not cause
any problems, so it would be best to add this to filesystem first and
then for initscripts to follow).

Do the filesystem maintainer(s?) agree to add this?

Cheers,

Tom