[arch-projects] [mkinicpio] shutdown hooks

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Aug 3 21:07:14 EDT 2011

Hi Thomas,

Your main concern with the shutdown hook, as far as I could tell, was
that it was not clear how it could be extended.

I put up a quick proof of concept here:
<https://github.com/teg/mkinitcpio/commit/909fcb7793e072cf0091a232ff4d8cb53533eda7>,
of what I had in mind (will not work, completely untested, just to
give an idea, etc.).

The idea would be to add a hook which did "vgchange -a n" for lvn, and
similarly for mdadm etc. The hooks will then be tried repeatedly until
they have all succeeded. As an example I put the unmount hook.

I didn't think it would be worth adding support for generic hooks
until it was clear that this was the direction we were going in,
that's why it was not there in the initial version.

I rebased the other patches based on your comments, but I'll give them
a test before asking you to pull.

Cheers,

Tom