[arch-projects] [initscripts] new release soon

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Sat Jun 4 18:00:42 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> Hi Seblu,
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
>>> Thanks. I had indeed forgotten this. Looks good to me. Seblu, any
>>> reason you did not include this with the others? Should I just rebase
>>> it?
>> Yes. Output is not consistent with the rest. That's why I had not
>> taken. (e.g. dot at end of line)
>>
>> archipel ~/initscripts 0 # rc.d start toto sshd
>> :: Error: Daemon script toto does not exist.
>> :: Starting Secure Shell Daemon
>>
>> Looking at the information I had, I thought it was better, do not
>> display error message that displays this.
>
> Sorry, I should have waited for your reply before pushing.
No problem, my company is undergoing restructuring, it take me a lot
of time and I'm not very reactive atm.

> I think it
> makes sense to show an error message of some sort though. Except for
> removing the trailing dot, any other suggestions for how it should
> look like? (I'll have to roll 2011.6.2 pretty soon anyway, so I'll
> include a fix there).
Currently i don't have a good output. Its why i think no output (and
an error code) suffice.
But you want a message I'll try to find a solution asap.

Regards,

--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net