[arch-projects] [INITSCRIPTS] Improvment & bug fix

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 29 04:53:36 EDT 2011

Am 29.03.2011 03:15, schrieb Seblu:
> Hello,
>
> You can see 2 patches.
>
> First add a new rc helper which allow to do thing list this
> # rc start sshd dbus gpm
> # rc stop syslog-ng
> # rc list
> This is a similar behaviour to debian invoke-rc.d.

Just a short remark: It is easier to comment on patches when they are
sent inline.

You can put something like this in your $HOME/.gitconfig
[sendemail]
        smtpserver = mail.archlinux.org
        smtpuser = someuser
        smtppass = XXXXXXXXXXXXX
        smtpserverport = 587
        smtpencryption = tls

Adjust all the variables for your SMTP server (these are the settings
for our mail server). Then use git send-email to send mails (I am not
sure how to add the [initscripts] prefix here, I would need to read the
manpage).