[arch-projects] [initscripts] minor cleanups and fixes

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Mar 30 14:01:21 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I'm planning to push the following patches, and thought I'd ask for some acks before going ahead.

Most are just minor fixes. The patches marked "workaround" are removing workarounds that have been in initscripts for a long time. I think we should either remove them or annotate them with the relevant upstream bugreport, so we can track what is happening and don't end up keeping these things forever.

The last patch (which creates directories in /dev that otherwise would be created by udev) is, besides the justification given in the commit message, usefull if we ever want to support bootlogd (I think we do!), as it would have to be started before udev is running.

Please shout if you have any objections!

Cheers,

Tom