[arch-projects] overdue patches for ABS

Linus Arver linusarver at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:12:54 EST 2011

Hello Allan,

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 08:25:09AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 26/11/11 15:36, Linus Arver wrote:
> >Hello all,
> >
> >Two weeks ago, I submitted a series of patches to ABS to this list, and
> >also CC'ed them to the ABS maintainer Matt Mooney (I gather that he is
> >the maintainer, looking at the commit history at
> >https://projects.archlinux.org/abs.git/). I have yet to receive any
> >response. I imagine the silence comes from his lack of time to
> >contribute to ABS, and not the code quality of my patches (as they were
> >quite thoroughly reviewed by others on this list).
> >
> >In the meantime, can someone apply my patches [1] into the official git
> >tree? I can wait another week or two, no problem, but I speak out of
> >concern for other contributor(s) [2] who'd like to improve on my
> >patches.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >-Linus
> >
> >[1]: http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2011-November/002103.html
> >[2]: http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2011-November/002095.html
> >

> I think I am the only one to be able to commit patches to the abs
> git repo...
>
> I'll get to looking at these patches when I have time.

FWIW, my patches do not affect the abs program at all --- they merely
update the prototype PKGBUILDs for git, hg, etc.

> Saying that,
> Matt has a series of patches that have been waiting on me for
> several months, so do not expect this to be done any time soon...

If you are overloaded with work, perhaps you could appoint another
maintainer, at least temporarily? I don't know how Arch Projects is
managed, but surely someone on this list (Matt Mooney, are you reading
this?) is enthusiastic and knowledgeable enough to take over as an
assistant maintainer or some such...

-Linus