[arch-projects] [arch-dev-public] [release][signoff] mkinitcpio 0.7.3

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Oct 4 22:14:19 EDT 2011

On 10/04/2011 09:12 PM, Dave Reisner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of mkinitcpio 0.7.3. This is largely
> a maintenance release with a number of bugfixes and cleanups. I've
> highlighted the new features and some of the bug fixes below, followed by
> the full shortlog.
>
> Thanks to Sebastien Luttringer and Florian Pritz for their contributions
> in this release.
>
> Please test and signoff.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Features:
> --------------------------------------
> - The 'keymap' and 'consolefont' hooks now source /etc/rc.conf instead of
>    parsing the file. This allows for better support by non-sysvinit init
>    systems. Implements FS#24685.
> - Modules in build hooks as well as in the MODULES array of
>    mkinitcpio.conf can be suffixed with a '?' character. If the module is
>    not found, it's considerd a soft failure and no error is reported.
>    Implements FS#25096.
> - Early userspace now supports dropping to a shell before or after
>    mounting the root device. The kernel commandline syntax leverages the
>    'break' variable with the values 'premount' and 'postmount'. The
>    former behavior remains unchanged, and is a synonym for 'premount'.
> - Introduce a new 'virtio' build hook for use with QEMU.
>
> Bugfixes:
> --------------------------------------
> - Properly delimit data from /sys to work around modalias files with bad
>    data. Fixes FS#25450.
> - Compare constants to variable values, rather than the reverse. This
>    prevents an error on parsing grub2 ROOT_IMAGE variables. Fixes
>    FS#26119.
> - Mount /run with exec permissions. This is done to mirror initscripts.
> - Perform path lookup for binaries with respect to a given basedir
>    instead of the real root.
> - Insist that /dev and /proc be mounted at runtime. Required for usage
>    of bash's process substitutions.
> - Explicitly create the buildroot rather than letting it be created by
>    the first run build hook. This avoids errors when HOOKS is empty, as
>    seen in https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=966344.
>

> Dave Reisner (29):
>        mkinitcpio: add --quiet to bsdcpio without -v
>        functions: restore verbose feedback to add_module
>        autodetect: add verbose feedback on autodetect success
>        mkinitcpio: reference -h on failed option parsing
>        install/consolefont: cleanup and refactor
>        keymap/consolefont: source rc.conf properly from $BASEDIR
>        keymap: simplify unicode detection
>        cleanup and bashify install hooks
>        base: remove superfluous leading /
>        functions: allow ignoring errors on module addition
>        functions: refactor get_{base,dir}name
>        functions: perform path lookup for binaries if needed
>        functions: specify the delimiter to xargs
>        ensure local scoping of variables
>        mkinitcpio: simplify setting of SKIPHOOKS
>        mkinitcpio: fix whitespace errors in error messages
> [...]

Missing two patches from my branch:

[mkinitcpio] Remove early redirection 2>/dev/null such node does not
e...         August 29, 2011
[mkinitcpio] Add missing groups=('base') in PKGBUILD         September
06, 2011

https://github.com/djgera/mkinitcpio/compare/master...djgera

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi