[arch-projects] [HEADSUP] udevd moved out of PATH

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 13:59:13 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Agreed- can you point me to the udev bug tracker so I can file said request?
>
> They don't have one. Any bugs go to the ML: <linux-hotplug at vger.kernel.org>.
Upstream says: we should be installing a symlink [1], which
potentially means we don't have to make changes elsewhere or tightly
couple versions of our packages.

On a related note from the same, for restarting, the `udevadm control
--exit && udevd --daemon` process should work for restarting for us
old farts not using systemd and not restarting our boxes once a week.
I believe you could also run `udevadm trigger` if you were worried you
missed any events.

-Dan

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-hotplug&m=131835335207882&w=2