[arch-projects] [initscripts] needs update (WAS: [arch-dev-public] new mount in testing)

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 24 15:03:10 EST 2012

On 02/24/2012 02:18 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 24.02.2012 18:13, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
>> With util-linux-2.21 we have switched to a new implementation of
>> mount, based on the libmount library. We have tested this in the
>> release candidates for some weeks, and it seems good to go.
> I would like to point out that upstream considers this "experimental" at
> this point.
>
>> However, I intend to keep util-linux in testing longer than normal
>> just in case. Please keep an eye out for oddities, especially if you
>> are using mount in any non-standard ways that we might not have
>> tested.
> Gerardo will not be happy about this delay (he needs the new losetup).
> What about pushing 2.21-1 with "old mount" to core quickly and then
> putting 2.21-2 with "new mount" into testing?

I can wait, no problem for me.

Anyway I remember, that Dave says something about  "new mount" will be
disabled for 2.21, and enabled in 2.21.1.

I can remember that this "new mount" causes "-a" works in different way
than "classic mount" (but is an expected behaviour), and initscripts
should be updated to reflect it. (its shows a non-harm FAIL)

[#1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.utilities.util-linux-ng/5228
[mount (new): Using -a, exits with 64]

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi