[arch-projects] netcfg: fixes and features

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 28 04:24:34 EST 2012

Am 28.02.2012 09:57, schrieb Jouke Witteveen:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 08:59, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Am 28.02.2012 00:31, schrieb Jouke Witteveen:
>>> Dear Thomas and the rest,
>>>
>>> A few of us have been looking at the netcfg code lately. One thing
>>> that came to light was that FS#24599 is actualy a wpa_actiond bug, so,
>>> Thomas, could you take it upon you?
>>
>> I looked into it shortly, the last comment is correct.
>
> That comment was mine. I wondered whether there was a reason to look
> at occurrences of ']'.

The lack of a proper API to the wpa_supplicant management interface
forces us to parse the output of the status notifications ourselves. The
notification in question looks like this:

<2>CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:11:22:33:44:55 completed
(reauth) [id=10 id_str=profile_name]

This format is about as primitive and broken as my parser. Given that
this is only a single line, the patch I'll send in a minute SHOULD solve
this, but I can't test this anytime soon.