[arch-projects] initscripts: about MODULES() behaviour and blacklist

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jan 20 02:01:09 EST 2012

Hello,

Tom Gundersen: "If you want to have a temporary workaround I guess it would be possible
to blacklist your wireless module in /etc/modprobe.d and add it to
MODULES in rc.conf." [#1].

But in functions::udev_modprobe() there is a modprobe -ab, and -b implies does not load a blacklisted module. Since MODULES() is supposed (at least for me) to be "always load all listed modules", should be -b removed from modprobe line?

Good Luck!

[#1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/27938#comment88136