[arch-projects] initscripts: about MODULES() behaviour and blacklist

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jan 20 10:59:16 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
> OK, so for anyone that want to blacklist a module "for udev" but need to be
> loaded manually on startup, should write your own initscript hook / rc.d /
> rc.local.

I'd probably put a modprobe in rc.local for now. That said, if you
want to blacklist something from udev, but load it anyway, that's a
sign that something is really broken and should be fixed in the proper
place. We therefore do not want to provide/encourage permanent
workarounds.

-t