[arch-projects] [netcfg] Project Status / Reconnect Syntax Patch

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Tue Jan 31 13:12:12 EST 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:35:56 +0100
Moritz Beller <m.o.m.o at web.de> wrote:

> On 31.01.2012 15:10, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> > Am 31.01.2012 14:49, schrieb Moritz Beller:
> >> Then you need to reconnect manually
> >
> > That's a bug, you never need to or should do that.
>
> Yup, I agree. Still, we need to do that.
>
> But maybe we can talk about the actual fix and decide whether it's an
> improvement over the current behaviour on -r? :-)
>
> Moritz

Thanks for looking into this. But I wonder what exactly do you mean by "bad
wlan"? And what are AP parameters (wep, wpa enterprise)?

In most cases these days netcfg is just an interface to wpa_supplicant --
shouldn't the latter handle networks automatically? It did so in all my tests
with an unstable AP which rebooted every 2 min...

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key ID: 164B5A6D